- Milk thistle extract has a long history of medicinal use.
- The extract has been shown to be useful in healthy liver function and as an anti-depressant remedy
- Use nature’s herbs supplements brand of extract is a good idea for your health
The liver is a fundamental organ in enabling and sustaining good body health. Indeed, as many as 500 different functions are carried out by the liver, pointing to its crucial role in sustaining the body. Milk thistle extract has been used for about 2,000 years in treating various bodily ailments and is especially known for its efficacy in addressing liver problems. This herbal plant is native to the Mediterranean regions although it is now widely found across the world and is recognized for its myriad benefits to health. Diseases of the liver and other disorders associated with the liver are on the rise and safeguarding liver health has become one of the key areas of focus in health management.
Problems Associated with Poor Liver Health
• When the health of your liver is impaired, you are more likely to experience problems in bodily detoxification as the liver is the body’s primary detoxification agent. This has serious implications to your overall health and wellbeing since elimination of wastes becomes hindered thus restricting a healthy environment in which your body should function.
• Immunity functions of the body are severely curtailed when liver health is poor. The liver enables the body to resist infections and is the body’s primary defense mechanism. Poor health of the liver has negative implications on immunity functions of the body.
• Life threatening diseases such as hepatitis can easily destroy your health when the condition of the liver is less than satisfactory.
Benefits of Milk Thistle
• It is one of nature’s herbs supplements which have proved to have extremely valuable effects in ensuring good liver health. It is also widely known as silymarin because of the potent flavonoid substance it contains. Silymarin has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and research studies have shown it to be highly effective in enabling a damaged liver to heal itself through the growth of new cells.
• Milk thistle has proved very effectively in combating poisoning effects in cases where the deadly deathcap mushroom is ingested. When given in the first ten minutes of mushroom ingestion, milk thistle thoroughly counteracts the poisoning effects whereas if it is administered within 24 hours of mushroom ingestion, it effectively reduces injuries to the liver including the possible incidence of death.
• Clinical studies have shown that silymarin has anti-cancer effects in the way it stops cancerous cells from dividing and multiplying. It significantly reduces the life span of these cells and also hinders the supply of blood to cancerous tumors thus making it an extremely useful natural agent in aggressively fighting cancer.
• Research studies have highlighted the potential benefits of milk thistle in treating hepatitis and cirrhosis of the liver.
• It protects the liver from the effects of toxic substances thus safeguarding liver health.
• Milk thistle has also been recognized as helpful in treating cases of depression and is emerging as a useful anti-depressant remedy.
In view of the numerous functions that the liver performs to ensure proper working of the body and maintaining of good health, it is wise to invest in boosting your liver health. Milk thistle extract is an excellent natural herbal supplement that will not only promote the health of your liver but definitely also deliver other health benefits as you take it.