- Rheumatoid arthritis and more generalized arthritis can be very painful conditions
- Glucosamine supplements, such as those from Optimum Nutrition supplements, can help reduce the inflammation and pain
- Taking these supplements can improve your quality of life and reduce your dependence on pain medication
Arthritis problems are a commonly experienced health issue particularly for the aging population. While several prescription medications are available and provide support in managing arthritis and easing the symptoms, natural health remedies such as glucosamine supplements have proved highly effective in dealing with arthritis conditions. Arthritis involves the joints becoming inflamed and is generally a chronic condition. Symptoms of arthritis typically include pain and swelling of the joints, sensitive joints and stiffness of the joints particularly in the morning hours. What causes arthritis?
Several factors are believed to play a role in the development of arthritis.
• With increasing age, there is a tendency for the cartilage to become more brittle and its ability to repair itself diminishes. This is why the elderly are more often afflicted by arthritis conditions and many people advancing in age grapple with rheumatoid arthritis, a serious disease that affects various body joints as well as the muscles, tendons and tissues. This disease can eventually cause deformities that hinder even simply activities like walking
• Being overweight is also believed to play a role in the development of arthritis because when the weight is too much, the load on the joints causes increased pressure, particularly at the hips and knees which can result in arthritis.
• Some health conditions and certain illnesses can cause infection of the joints, leading to the development of arthritis.
• Work activities may place certain people at higher risk of developing arthritis such as those who work in heavy construction sectors or assembly line workers.
• Prior injuries that cause damage to the joints may have a role to play in the eventual development of arthritis.
Arthritis can generally best be managed by targeting joint protection and making lifestyle changes. Whatever measures you may put in place should generally enable you to experience less pain from joint conditions, move with greater ease, manage your daily activities without much hindrance, and generally just feel a whole lot better.
Eating a well-balanced diet plays a great role in ensuring that the necessary nutrients are fed daily into your body and this is vital in sustaining the general good health of the body.
Avoid subjecting much pressure on your joints which may be caused by carrying heavy loads or engaging in extremely strenuous activities.
Engaging in regular exercise that is not too exerting such as walking and swimming is beneficial for easing stiffness at the joints and increasing mobility as well as muscle strength.
Using optimum nutrition supplements such as glucosamine can also enable a highly effective outcome in managing arthritis. Glucosamine occurs naturally in healthy cartilage and is highly regarded in effectively managing arthritis. Research studies have reported the positive effects of glucosamine supplements in helping to relieve symptoms in those who suffer mild to moderate pains in the joints. They increase the strength of the cartilage and help in repairing sore joints and damaged tissues. Glucosamine also plays an active role in boosting the immune system and actually minimizes potential threat of infection and subsequent inflammation of joints.
Tags: glucosamine supplements